Created By : Sunil Kumar Gandipadala
Reviewed By : Rajashekhar Valipishetty
Last Updated : Apr 10, 2023
Velocity Calculator (v = √(u² + 2as)) is a free tool that helps you to solve the velocity questions in a short span of time. Just enter initial velocity of the object, acceleration and displacement in the below boxes and tap on the calculate button to attain the exact velocity for the given values as the result.
Ex: 10, 167, 48, 34.5 or 90
How to Find Final Velocity?
You need to follow the simple steps provided below carefully to get the final velocity value. The steps are as follows
- First and foremost, you have to identify initial velocity, acceleration and displacement from the question.
- Multiply the acceleration and displacement.
- Double the value obtained in the above step.
- Square the initial velocity and add it with the above value.
- Apply square root to the resultant to get the final velocity.
Question: A car starts with a velocity of 4 m/s and accelerates with 2 m/s² and reaches 20 km from the starting point. What is the final velocity of the car?
Initial velocity u = 15 m/s
Acceleration a = 16 m/s²
Displacement s = 20 km
Final velocity = ?
Convert displacement into meters
Displacement = 20 * 1000 = 20,000 meters
Final velocity v = √(u² + 2as)
By substituting the given values
v = √(15² + 2 * 16 * 20,000)
= √(225 + 6,40,000)
∴ Final velocity of car is 800.14 m/s².
FAQs on Velocity Calculator (v = ΓêÜ(u┬▓ + 2as))
1. What is the formula to calculate velocity, when acceleration and displacement are given?
The formula to calculate the final velocity of a moving object, when you have initial velocity, acceleration and displacement is listed here
v = √(u² + 2as)
Where, v is the final velocity
u is initial velocity
a is acceleration and
s is displacement
2. How does acceleration affect velocity?
If the acceleration and velocity points in the same direction, then the speed of the object increases. If the acceleration points in the opposite direction of velocity, then the object is slowing down.
3. Can velocity be negative?
An object which moves in negative direction will have negative velocity. So, yes velocity can be negative.
4. Which is the best site that offers free handy Velocity Calculator?
Physicscalc.Com is one of the best sites out of others that provides all types of physics concepts calculators for free to help you during assignments & homework. You can al
so find the free online Velocity Calculator from here and solve all your lengthy calculations easily.