This free handy Water Pressure Calculator tool is useful in finding the water pressure in a tap/ pipe easily. You just need to enter the height of the outlet in the input box and press on the calculate button to find the exact output in fraction of seconds.
Ex: 10, 167, 48, 34.5 or 90
How to Calculate Water Pressure?
Water Pressure is nothing but the flow of water from the pipe. It is defined as the force which makes the water flow stronger or weaker. Here are the simple and easy steps to calculate the water pressure.
- Take the height of the outlet from the base.
- The formula to compute the water pressure is P = ρ * g * h
- Where ρ is the density of water, g is the gravitational constant and h is the height.
- The constant value of water density is 997 kg/m³, gravitational constant is 9.81 m s-2.
- Substitute the values in the formula.
- Perform multiplication of those 3 numbers to get the answer.
Water Pressure Formula
Water pressure defines either the flow is stronger or weaker.
The formula to find the water pressure is P = ρ × h × g.
ρ is the density of water.
g is the gravitational constant.
h is the height.
Question: A tank of height 5 m is filled with water. Calculate the pressure at its bottom using Water Pressure Formula?
Given parameters are,
Height, h = 5 m
Density of water, ρ = 997 kg/m³
g = 9.81 m s-2
Water Pressure Formula is
P = ρ × h × g
= 997 x 5 x 9.81
Pressure is 48,902.85 Pa
Strengthen your understanding of various core math concepts with our collection of free calculators at Physicscalc.Com
FAQs on Water Pressure Calculator
1. How is water pressure calculated?
You can use the water pressure formula to get the answer. Otherwise, provide input and hit on the calculate button to get the accurate output easily.
2. What should be the normal water pressure in a home?
Normal water pressure is generally between 40 and 60 PSI. In most cases, many of the homeowner prefer in the middle which is 50 PSI.
3. How do I test my home water pressure?
Below are the steps to measure water pressure at your home.
- Hook up the pressure gauge to an outside water spigot.
- Turn on the tap.
- Note the instant reading. Shut off valves near the water meter are fully open. If the reading is low, your city may be delivering water at low pressure.
- A reading of 45 to 55 psi is ideal.
4. What is the SI unit of Water Pressure?
The SI unit of water pressure is Pascal (Pa). The pressure exerted by liquids is called as the hydrostatic pressure.